This week, 20th – 26th June, is World Continence Week. Organised by the International Continence Society (ICS), the primary aim of the ICS through this initiative is to raise awareness of incontinence related issues.
Incontinence; A temporary or permanent inability to control the natural discharges or evacuations of urine or faeces.
It can happen for many reasons and can affect so many.
According to statistics over a quarter of people think incontinence only affects the elderly. The truth is it can and does affect any one of any age.
Other Causes of Incontinence
- Complications during child birth.
- Additional pressure on the stomach area. This may be caused by being pregnant or obese for example.
- Damage to the bladder or bowel during surgery, for example removal of the womb (hysterectomy) for ladies or the prostate gland in men
- Neurological conditions, affecting the brain and/or spinal cord. Conditions may include Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis
- Some connective tissue disorders, such as Ehlers Danlos syndrome
At Aquarius Hygiene we would like to support the excellent work of the International Continence Society and congratulate them on the success of World Continence Week.
Promoting Health, Wellness and Quality of Life is Important
We design our product for this very purpose. Improving health, wellness and quality of life is our everyday mission.
If you are experiencing bladder or bowel incontinence please get in touch to find out how Aquarius Hygiene can help.
www.aquariushygiene.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01422 328 950